Monday, October 7, 2013

Anniversary Weekend Saturday 9/21/13- Blast From the Past

Today we had the whole day to do what ever we wanted.  Being in Anaheim, CA we were close to the town I had grown up in while my dad was enlisted as a Marine.  One of the bases we were stationed at was Seal Beach, CA.  It was crazy to go back there to my old house, old elementary school, library, and girl scout house and see how much had changed.  I was happy to finally share with Tommy something that had made such a huge impact in my life and to share with him that part of my life.

My old house.  They have painted it since.
The front of my old school.  The school that helped influence me to try and become a teacher.

The Library where my sister and I spent many days at during the summer with our mother.

The outside of my old Girl Scout house.
The inside has changed a lot.

After our blast from the past through Seal Beach we made our way to the Westminster Mall to check it out before our dinner reservations at Lucille's Smokehouse in Long Beach, CA.  The mall had changed just as Seal Beach had.  We wandered around for about 3 hours and made our way towards Long Beach.

When we finally made it to Lucille's we were both starving and ready to eat.  Dinner went by very quickly.  We waited maybe 10 minutes after ordering and got our food.  I ordered a full rack of Baby Back Ribs (the same thing I always order there), Macaroni and Cheese and Garlic Mashed Potatoes.  Tommy ordered the BBQ two meat combo platter with BBQ Chicken, Baby Back Ribs, Macaroni and Cheese and Corn on the Cob.  I was extremely excited to finally be back at my favorite restaurant after so many years. Sadly,  I was met with disappointment.  My dad has recently taken up smoking over the past few years and has gotten really good at it.  My favorite is his smoked BBQ chicken.  Lucille's was not as good as I remembered or maybe it was but it is hard to tell when I have had really good smoked meat over the past few years.  I did enjoy their Strawberry and Peach Lemonade.

After dinner we made our way to our second hotel for the trip, the Anaheim Ayres Hotel.  The room was very nice and clean and we even had a complementary bottle of champagne to celebrate waiting for us when we arrived in our room.  We popped open our bottle of champagne and relaxed for the rest of the night.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment