Friday, October 25, 2013

Disneyland 10/13/13

So today we went to Disneyland.  I was excited because everything was to be decorated for Halloween and this is one of my favorite times of the year (aside from Christmas).  The night before we were at Knott's Scary Farm and had a blast but boy were we tired!  Once again we stayed at the Stanford Inn and Suites and we were able to have breakfast before heading into the mad house!  Once we made it over to Disneyland it was about 11:45 am and the line was about 20 minutes to go through the bag check!


We FINALLY made it through that and headed to Downtown Disney in order for Tommy to get his Marvel Vinylmations.  D Street in Downtown Disney is one of the only stores at Disneyland that had this Vinylmations available, and they were just released on October 11.  We got a total of 8 boxes and ended up with 5 different ones and 3 doubles.  We were even lucky enough to get the Thor Variant!  I was so excited for him:)  Once we purchased the Marvel Vinylmations we headed back into the mad house.  When we finally made it back in we met up with my family at Store Command.  By the time we got into Disneyland it was 1 pm so we make our way over to the Rancho Del Zocalo Restaurant in Frontierland for lunch.  This is one of my favorite restaurants inside Disneyland.  I always get either the Chicken Caesar Salad or the Chicken Tortilla Soup.  I highly recommend the Chicken Tortilla Soup on a cold day.  Not only is it filling and warms you up but it is super cheap!  For 5.99 you get a good amount of food.  It's probably one of the cheapest meals in Disneyland.

After lunch we made our way over to the Haunted Mansion but realized that the line was 85 minutes long!  I am more than certain that is the longest I have ever seen the Haunted Mansion.  As you can imagine we did not wait in line for that and began looking for a shorter line.  Luckily we did find one at the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters.  I am happy to say I FINALLY beat Tommy at this game ;) Sadly the score did not show up in the picture that was sent to my email but I promise you all I won!:)

Tommy's thought: My blaster was messed up.  Honest.

After Astro Blasters Tommy and I made our way over to Main Street to do a little shopping.  While in one of the stores I was able to do 3 trades with a little girl!  I was so excited because I was able to get 2 Tinker Bell pins and a Mad Hatter one as well.  I always love trading with little girls just because they get so excited to be able to trade with others.  Once we were done trading we made our way over to California Adventure.

We both were both exhausted at this point so we decided to head over to the Starbucks located inside the park.  While Tommy got in line to get us some energy juice (coffee) I unintentionally took a little nap at one of the tables.  When Tommy finally came back with coffee we headed out towards Tower of Terror to check out the wait times.  Unfortunately for us it was way to long so we decided to for the first time watch one of the parades at Disneyland.  At California Adventures one of the parades they have is the Pixar Play Parade.  It was a really cute parade featuring a few characters from Pixar movies and involves water and bubbles.  If you have younger children I highly recommend this parade for them.

After the parade we met up with my family again and hung out at the Mad T Party.  For any of you who have not been to the Mad T Party it is something you should check out.  The Mad T Party is a nighttime dance party that is fun for the whole family.  Not only does it feature a DJ but also has performance by a live band.  On the second stage located at the House of Cards they have various different performers including street dancers.  For adults ages 21 and over they do sell alcoholic beverages.  You are able to purchase 2 drinks with a photo ID and have a small selection to choose from.  There are also nonalcoholic beverages there that you can purchase.  I really enjoy going to the Mad T Party and try to hit it every time we go to Disneyland.

After the Mad T Party we hit a few more rides in California Adventures including Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.  Mater's Junkyard Jamboree is a ride I have been wanting to go on all year and finally had the chance to do so.  It was far from what I expected and to be honest a little scary for me but it was really enjoyable and even thrilling for someone my age.  It reminds me of the Tilt-a-whirl you see at carnivals.

After our last ride we said goodbye to my family and headed over to Disneyland for dinner.  We of course went to the Corn Dog cart at the end of Main Street.  These are one of our favorites here at Disneyland.  We ate our Corn Dogs over in Adventureland and were able to watch a little bit of Fantasmic (we still have yet to watch the whole thing).  When we were done eating we did more shopping inside the park.  Our original plan was to leave at 9 pm but we did not leave until about 11pm which is ok we were having to much fun to just leave.

When we finally left we were sad to go.  Luckily we should be back soon sometime in November.  We'll miss Disneyland for now but will be back before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment