Friday, October 11, 2013

Anniversary Weekend Sunday 9/22/13- Disneyland and going home.

Our last day of vacation and celebrating.  With nowhere to be this morning we were finally able to sleep in.  We woke up just in time to make it down to breakfast which was delicious.  We had hot eggs, bacon, pancakes, potatoes, muffins, bagels, and fruit.  Very yummy for a hotel breakfast.  I personally enjoyed this breakfast better than the one from the Stanford Inn.  After breakfast we made our way back to our room and took our time getting ready.  We had until 11 to check out and we were in no rush to make our way to Disneyland.












When we finally made it to Disneyland we met up with my dad and sister who came down for the day. On the tram finally we make it over to the monorail in Downtown Disney to make our way into Disneyland.  Right away we see that it is going to be a busy day at Disneyland.  Once we get into Disney we make our way over to get Chimichangas (one of my favorites in Disneyland) then make our way over to a Mint Julep.  The line to get the Mint Julep's was crazy, we waited about 20 minutes to get one (like I said, way too many people here).  Once we finally had our Mint Julep we decided to wait in line for The Haunted Mansion Holiday to check out the new effects.  The only thing that I really noticed that they had changed was the very beginning while you are in the elevator with the stretching portrait gallery.  The new animation effect features a stained glass window shattering and a Jack Skellington head.  Other than this I did not notice anything new.

Tommy's thoughts: Honestly a lot of it seemed new to me, but I hadn't been on the ride for years.  The new effects are really impressive.

After the ride we made our way over to California Adventures before my dad and sister left.  Tommy and I made our way over to Aladdin the Musical.  I had to write a critique paper on it for my dance class so we sat back and enjoyed a show.  If you have not seen it already I recommend that you see it at least once.  It is a very cute live version of the movie.

Tommy's thoughts: The best part of Aladdin is the fact that I can sit back and not be holding onto our 100 lb backpack for a while.  They need reclining chairs in there.

Once the show was over it was about 6:30 pm and we decided to use our fast passes over at Disneyland for Space Mountain.  Currently it is Ghost Galaxy for halloween and is very cool.  It is pitch black during the whole ride except for the occasional ghost that pops out and scares you.

After Ghost Galaxy we made our way over to the tram to head home.  I can't wait for our next trip to Disneyland!  Sadly there won't be very many in October because we will begin budgeting and saving money.

No comments:

Post a Comment